A forward-thinking educator, innovator, and leader with twenty-eight years of experience supporting learners with technology.
A little about Holly
I started my career in Killeen ISD twenty-seven years ago, first as a Computer Lab Aide, then a 4th grade teacher, and then a Campus Technologist. Then I enjoyed a role as a District Instructional Technologist for six and a half years.
I now serve in a new role as the Director of Digital Learning and Innovation at Copperas Cove ISD. I am currently learning about my new environment, building relationships and addressing upcoming challenges.
Beginning in March 2020, the world of digital learning in public schools transformed, as virtual teaching and learning became the norm. I was amazed by our students, teachers, parents and administrators who embraced their new skills and adapted their practices. It was inspiring to see the lengths that teachers would go to ensure student success.
Every single day I strive to learn more about our existing programs and how we can better use them to support our teachers for ultimate student success.
I am a mother of two lovely daughters, ages 20 and 23. Julianna, my younger daughter is a senior at UT Austin and my older daughter Rhianna lives with me and and works at a hospital. I run often for my mental and physical health. It is my hobby and my sanity saver.
Goals & Dreams
- My dream job would be to lead a team of Digital Learning coaches.
- I intend to complete my ISTE Certification.
- I aspire to become an Apple Distinguished Educator.
- I also have dreams of attending a TEDX event, taking the TED masterclass online and maybe doing my own TED talk one day!
- 2023 – TCEA Presenter – Presented at the Texas Computer Education Association convention on Professional Learning in an LMS
- 2022 Finalist for the TCEA Instructional Technology Specialist of the Year.
- 2022 – Earned Apple Learning Coach certification.
- 2020 Co-designer of the KISD Digital Learning Course – Self Paced training course in Schoology that was used to prepare nearly 3,000 Killeen ISD educators to teach virtually.
- 2015-2018 TCEA Presenter – Presented at the Texas Computer Education Association convention on multiple topics including the Osmo Learning System, and Design Thinking.
- 2017-2018 ISTE Presenter – Presented at the International Society for Technology Education convention on various topics including Makerspaces and Seesaw.
- 2011-2019 iLearn Presenter & Organizer – Played an instrumental role in the planning and presentation of best practices for integrating iOS devices into the elementary curriculum.
Director of Digital Learning & Innovation
(January 2022 – current)
- Ensure that students are provided with the richest educational experiences and provide leadership and oversight with digital learning.
- Adopt, communicate, and implement a strategy that embeds a robust system for blended learning and cross-disciplinary skills throughout the educational process.
- Oversee operations and resources to enhance administrative and staff understanding of educational practices, curriculum standards, guidelines and requirements related to technology.
- Develop and implement strategies to ensure equitable access to appropriate digital tools and resources to meet the needs of all learners.
District Instructional Technologist – Elementary
(2015 – 2022)
- Promote and model the effective use of innovative digital resources and mobile devices to support and extend learning for students and staff at all levels.
- Provide quality professional learning to teachers, curriculum specialists, campus technology support specialists, librarians and other audiences across the school district.
- Maintain and provide administrative support and training for a wide range of applications including Schoology, Seesaw, Hoonuit, Discovery Education, Adobe Spark, Nearpod, Destiny Follett, and Texquest library databases and others.
Campus Technology Support Specialist
(2005 – 2015)
- Provided training for staff and students in the creative and practical use of all technological equipment and programs.
- Worked as a liaison between Technology Services and the campus to provide immediate and ongoing support.
- Managed the inventory of all technology items to include laptops, desktops, printers, iOS devices, projectors, document cameras.
4th Grade Teacher
(1999 – 2005)
- Developed lessons and activities to help fourth grade students reach maximum achievement and potential in all subject areas.
- Ensured the needs of individual students were met on a daily basis.
- Creatively integrated technology into learning activities which required students to create and present their ideas effectively.